Air Fryer Pumpkin Bundt Cake is fluffy and moist with a subtle pumpkin spice flavor. Topped with cream cheese glaze, this cake irresistible!
Why We Love Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
- Pumpkin desserts just scream fall and when the weather starts too cool down there’s nothing I love more than a pumpkin bundt cake.
- We’re making this cake in the air fryer! That’s right friends. Your oven is free for making dinner and you can enjoy this cake after your meal.
- Since air fryers require a smaller pan, this cake is great for serving 2-4 people. It’s a great small holiday dinner at home dessert or fall weeknight treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Pumpkin Cake
DRY INGREDIENTS: You will need cake flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar for the cake.
WET INGREDIENTS: Grab some unsalted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
PUMPKIN: We’re using canned pumpkin puree for this recipe. Do not grab pumpkin pie filling, it’s already spiced and will ruin the cake. You can make your own pumpkin puree if you want, but canned is SO much easier.
GLAZE: You’ll need cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla for the glaze.
How to Make a Pumpkin Cake with a Bundt Pan in an Air FryerJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees F. Grease the inside of a 3-cup bundt pan and set it aside. Grab a medium mixing bowl and pour in the cake flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir everything together and set aside that bowl for now.
STEP 2 In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Then add the eggs one at a time mixing after each addition before stirring in the vanilla.
STEP 3 Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Then mix in half of the pumpkin puree before repeating. Now you’re ready to pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
STEP 4 Bake the pumpkin cake at 320 degrees F for 14 minutes. Use tongs or a pot holder to rotate the bundt pan 180° and then bake for another 10-14 minutes. When the cake is ready a toothpick inserted halfway between the tube and the wall of the pan will come out clean. Take the cake out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes, and then invert the bundt pan onto a wire rack and let the cake cool completely.
STEP 5 Make the cream cheese glaze by whisking the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl with powdered sugar until combined. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until the glaze is nice and smooth. You want to glaze pourable, but thick enough to stick to the cake. Then pour the glaze over the cake and decorate it before slicing and serving.
Tips & Tricks
- If the glaze is too thick, add 1 teaspoon of milk at a time as needed. If the glaze is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar as needed.
- It’s really important to let the cake cool completely before adding the glaze. If you don’t wait the glaze will melt and won’t stick to the cake. You’ll just have a puddle on the serving plate.
- Non-stick baking spray is an easy option for greasing the bundt pan. My favorite trick is using homemade cake pan release. Whisk together 1/2 tablespoon each vegetable oil, shortening, and flour. Then brush the mixture all over the inside of the pan. Perfect cakes that don’t stick every time.
- If you want to give your pumpkin cake a little flair fall or pumpkin themed sprinkles are a fun option, but chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts are a great topping too.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe FAQ
How do you frost a bundt cake?
If you have a thicker frosting, you have a couple options. Option 1) Use an offset spatula to spread it around the top of the cake and then down the side if desired. Option 2) Use a piping bag (or ziploc bag with a corner cut off) to pipe the frosting over the bundt cake alla the Nothing Bundt Cake style making big zig zags or lines with the frosting.
If you’re using an icing or glaze that’s a thinner consistency, you can use a spoon to drizzle it over the cake. Start pouring it over the top of the bundt cake and let it run down the sides.
Does pumpkin bundt cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes, you should refrigerate any leftover cake in a airtight container. The cake will last for up to 3 days.
Can you put a bundt pan in an air fryer?
These smaller pans are also great for making desserts with 2-4 servings.
Can an air fryer be used for baking cake?
Heck yes it can! You can make all kinds of yummy cakes in your air fryer. The trick is having the right sized pan. Since air fryers are smaller than a standard oven the baking pan needs to be too. Then you can portion a full cake batter recipe into multiple pans or get a cake recipe specific to air fryers.
Here are some yummy air fryer cake recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Carrot Cake
- Air Fryer Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Air Fryer Lemon Cake
- Air Fryer Chocolate Lava Cake
- Air Fryer Angel Food Cake
Other Recipes You May like
- S’mores Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- No Bake Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Bread