Ready in about an hour, this Caramel Apple Dump Cake is a 5-ingredient dessert wonder. Totally fool-proof and completely delicious!
Why We Love Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- This Caramel Apple Dump Cake is hand down the easiest cake you’ll ever make in your entire life! The hardest part is waiting for it to cool.
- Who doesn’t love caramel paired with cinnamon, tender apples, and a cobbler-like topping made from cake mix?! It’s all the dessert vibes you need in your life.
- While the flavors of this dump cake scream Fall, this is also a fantastic dessert for the 4th of July. Apples and Americana friends.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Apple Dump Cake
APPLES: This recipe calls for penne pasta if you don’t have that on hand you could easily substitute ziti or rigatoni. It’s great with tubular pasta but really whatever you have on hand can be used.
CARAMEL: There are two kinds of mozzarella used in this recipe, low moisture Mozzarella, and fresh mozzarella. Low moisture mozzarella is great for grating and melting, fresh mozzarella is usually molded into balls and should be used quickly. Both of these forms offer a delicious taste and texture to this recipe.
CAKE MIX: For this recipe grate the parmesan cheese yourself. This ensures that you don’t have any filler and it will melt perfectly for you.
BUTTER: For this recipe you can use chicken breasts, chicken tenders, or even a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Just be sure that you have 3 cups of chicken for the recipe.
How to Make Apple Dump CakeJump to Recipe
STEP 1 Spread the apple pie filling in the bottom in the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish. Then spoon the caramel sauce all over the apples.
STEP 2 Cut the top off the cake mix bag and pour in the cinnamon. Give that a stir until it’s well combined. Then sprinkle the cake mix all over the apples and caramel.
STEP 3 Pour the melted butter over the cake mix. Try to moisten as much of the dry ingredients as possible.
STEP 4 Bake the dump cake for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and top is golden brown. Then take it out of the oven and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Instead of yellow cake mix, you can use white cake mix, French vanilla cake mix, or spiced cake mix. If you use spiced cake mix, I would not add in the cinnamon.
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave until warmed through. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- We love top top with cake with some extra caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it’s completely delicious as is.
Apple Dump Cake Recipe FAQ
What’s the difference between a dump cake and a cobbler?
Cobblers are usually topped with a biscuit like dough that’s not all that sweet. Dump cakes use cake mix and has a cake-like texture (for obvious reasons) versus a denser biscuit texture. That being said, the top of both dishes can look a bit similar.
Do you refrigerate apple dump cake?
Yes, leftovers should be kept covered in the refrigerator for storage.
You can reheat a portion of the cake in the microwave if you prefer your second round of dump cake warm.
How long does dump cake last?
Dump cake will last about 5 days in the fridge. But they never make it that long in my house.
You can also freeze a dump cake for up to 3 months.
Other Recipes You May Like
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Bites
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- Old-Fashioned Applesauce Oatmeal Cake
- Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
- Apple Pie Oreo Truffles